In accordance with the Ventura County Stay Well VC Orders (updated as of November 17, 2020), Simi Hills Golf Course has re-opened for golf. The course is open from 6:00 am until 1 hour after dark daily and is taking reservations by phone and on our website. We are required to strictly observe social distancing all around our facilities, so please help us and maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and everyone else, unless you live in the same household.
The clubhouse is open at this time, and face masks are required to enter the building for any purpose (golf shop, offices, Birdie Bar and restrooms).
We are working very hard to have a touchless payment environment – we will be avoiding any cash transactions and encouraging you to keep your credit card number on file in order to facilitate touchless transactions. We will store card numbers in a very safe encrypted manner on our credit card processor server.
There are many components to the County Order which impact our operations. We are adhering to their orders in all details, so we don’t jeopardize our ability to stay open to the public. Since our rules of operation are constantly adjusting to County orders, we suggest you call the golf shop if there are questions about current regulations that may impact your round of golf. The current orders and our rules are:
- Single-player motorized carts are allowed for any golfer, and our cart fleet has been increased, so there are now carts available to all who request them. Members of the same household are now allowed to share a cart. We also have limited supplies of push carts for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Motorized carts can be used only by one person at a time (or two people from the same household), and only the person(s) who is authorized to use a motorized cart may sit in, drive or otherwise operate/utilize the motorized cart;
- All motorized golf carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between uses;
- Rental push carts are fully cleaned and sanitized between uses, as well.
- The Birdie Bar and Eatery is open for take-out and limited seating is available on the patio. No indoor seating or gathering is allowed at this time. Tables and chairs on the patio should not be moved from the distance markings on the floor. No gatherings are allowed, per county ordinance.
- The driving range is open with social distancing enforced. Driving range hours are 6 am to one hour after dark daily; closing when our "sunset" times begin on Mondays. Until further notice, we are using mats all days on the range.
- The practice putting green is open; social distancing is a requirement. Please limit your practice on the putting green so that all golfers can be accommodated.
- Putting cups have foam fillers to allow golfers to retrieve the ball without touching the cup. Flagsticks must remain in the holes UNTOUCHED.
- Most “touch points” on the course have been eliminated. There are no benches, scorecards/pencils or ball washers on the course.
- On-course bathrooms are open and are sanitized roughly every hour. Bathrooms in the clubhouse are also available and regularly sanitized. Please follow all social distancing and sanitary procedures in the facilities and wash hands with warm, soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Drinking fountains are available from the third tee/sixth green, around the clubhouse and on hole 12 and 15 teeing areas, and are being sanitized approximately hourly.
- When interacting with our co-workers anywhere on our property, masks must be worn – and social distancing is required at all times. Face masks covering mouth and nose are REQUIRED in order to enter the clubhouse or other buildings. Masks are available for purchase from our golf shop. Please note and comply with the six-foot distance markings.
- Everywhere on the course, members of each foursome must keep a minimum of 30 feet from the groups around them at all times. Mask usage on the course is at the discretion of the players in each foursome.
- Spectators are allowed to accompany paid golfers, but no power carts are available for spectators.
- Until further notice, the following programs are not available: early twilight discounts for local club members and GoPlayGolf programs.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Simi Hills, and we appreciate your patience and good humor as we all adjust to our new, ever-changing procedures.