In accordance with Ventura County Stay Well VC Orders (updated as of January 25, 2021), Simi Hills Golf Course is opened for golf. The course is open from daylight until 1 hour after dark daily and is taking reservations by phone and on our website. We are required to strictly observe social distancing all around our facilities, so please help us by maintaining a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and everyone else, unless you live in the same household.
By State order, face masks are required everywhere on our property. Please keep your mask on at all times, covering your nose and mouth, unless you are actively eating or drinking. The clubhouse is open at this time with limited capacity and social distancing mandated.
There are many components to the State/County Orders which impact our operations. We are adhering to the orders in all details, so we don’t jeopardize our ability to stay open to the public. Since our rules of operation are constantly adjusting to official orders, we suggest you call the golf shop if there are questions about current regulations that may impact your round of golf. The current orders and our rules are:
- Motorized carts are allowed for any golfer and can be shared. Our cart fleet has been increased, so there are now carts available to all who request them. We also have limited supplies of push carts for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All motorized golf carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between uses;
- Rental push carts are fully cleaned and sanitized between uses, as well.
- Effective May 1, shared carts will return as our standard. Solo carts will be available for an additional $8.
- The Birdie Bar and Eatery is open for take-out, and limited patio and inside seating are available at this time. "Gatherings" limited to members of no more than 3 households are allowed, per state/county ordinance, but 6 feet distancing between members of other households still applies. Masks must be worn on the patio and in the restaurant unless you are actively eating or drinking.
- The driving range is open with social distancing enforced. Driving range hours are dawn to one hour after dark daily; closing one-half hour after our "sunset" times begin on Mondays (and reopening at 8 am on Tuesdays). Until further notice, we are using mats all days on the range.
- The practice putting green is open; social distancing is a requirement. Please limit your practice on the putting green so that all golfers can be accommodated.
- Putting cups have foam fillers to allow golfers to retrieve the ball without touching the cup. Flagsticks must remain in the holes UNTOUCHED.
- Most “touch points” on the course have been eliminated. There are no benches or ball washers on the course.
- On-course bathrooms are open and are sanitized roughly every hour. Bathrooms in the clubhouse are also available and regularly sanitized. Please follow all social distancing and sanitary procedures in the facilities and wash hands with warm, soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Drinking fountains are available from the third tee/sixth green, around the clubhouse and on hole 12 and 15 teeing areas, and are sanitized approximately hourly.
- Face masks covering mouth and nose are REQUIRED indoors and outdoors, throughout the property. Masks are available for purchase from our golf shop.
- Everywhere on the course, members of each foursome must keep a minimum of 30 feet from the groups around them at all times. Mask usage on the course is required.
- Spectators are allowed to accompany paid golfers, but no power carts are available for spectators.
- Until further notice, the following programs are not available: early twilight discounts for local club members and GoPlayGolf programs.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Simi Hills, and we appreciate your patience and good humor as we all adjust to our ever-changing procedures.