In accordance with the Ventura County Stay Well at Home Orders, Simi Hills Golf Course has re-opened for golf. The course is open from 6:00 am until 1 hour after dark daily and is taking reservations by phone and on our website. We are required to strictly observe social distancing all around our facilities, so please help us and maintain a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and everyone else, unless you live in the same household.
We are working very hard to have a touchless payment environment – we will be avoiding any cash transactions and encouraging you to keep your credit card number on file in order to facilitate touchless transactions. We will store card numbers in a very safe encrypted manner on our credit card processor server.
There are many components to the County Order which impact our operations. We are adhering to their orders in all details, so we don’t jeopardize our ability to stay open to the public. Since our rules of operation are constantly adjusting to County orders, we suggest you call the golf shop if there are questions about current regulations that may impact your round of golf. The current orders and our rules are:
- Single-player motorized carts are allowed for any golfer, if available. We also have limited supplies of push carts for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Motorized carts can be used only by one person at a time, and only the person who is authorized to use a motorized cart may sit in, drive or otherwise operate/utilize the motorized cart;
- All motorized golf carts shall be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between uses, and if feasible rental carts will be rotated so that motorized carts are taken out of service at least 24 hours between rentals;
- Repeated, confirmed violations of these requirements may result in closure of the non-compliant business.
- We will have at least one designated on-duty employee to monitor and enforce compliance with these and all other social distancing requirements while golfers are on the course.
- The driving range is open with social distancing enforced. Driving range hours are 6 am to dark daily, closing at 6 pm on Mondays. Until further notice, we are using mats all days on the range.
- The practice putting green is open; social distancing is a requirement. Please limit your practice on the putting green so that all golfers can be accommodated.
- Putting cups have foam fillers to allow golfers to retrieve the ball without touching the cup. Flagsticks must remain in the holes UNTOUCHED.
- Most “touch points” on the course have been eliminated. We have no rakes in bunkers (please smooth the sand as you leave a bunker, using your club or foot). There are no benches, scorecards/pencils or ball washers on the course.
- On-course bathrooms are open and are sanitized roughly every hour. Bathrooms in the clubhouse are also available, with a limit of two people at a time in the men’s room and one person in the ladies' room. Please follow all sanitary procedures in the facilities and wash hands with warm, soapy water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Water fountains are available from the third tee/sixth green, around the clubhouse and on hole 12 and 15 teeing areas, and are being sanitized approximately hourly.
- The Birdie Bar and Eatery is open for take-out and dine-in service, with limited seating in the dining room and on the patio. Bar seating is not available at this time.
- As a matter of respect for our staff, we appreciate your wearing masks when interacting with our co-workers – and social distancing is required at all times. Please note the markings on the concrete for 6 foot intervals at check-in and at the Birdie Bar.
- Everywhere on the course, members of each foursome must keep a minimum of 30 feet from the groups around them at all times. Mask usage on the course is at the discretion of the players in each foursome.
- Spectators are allowed to accompany paid golfers, but no power carts are available for spectators.
- Until further notice, the following programs are not available: early twilight discounts for local club members and GoPlayGolf programs.
We look forward to seeing everyone at Simi Hills, and we appreciate your patience and good humor as we all adjust to our new, ever-changing procedures.