The 2019 Simi Valley City Championship - June 1-2, 2019
The 38th annual Simi Valley City Amateur Golf Championship will be held on Saturday and Sunday, June 1 and 2. The Simi Valley City Championship is considered to be one of the premier city championships in Southern California and is held annually at Simi Hills Golf Course.
This 36-hole tournament features play in 2 divisions (regular and senior) and a total of 6 flights, including the championship flight which was won last year by Andrew Spilman with a score of 7 under par, 135. Spilman, who plays for UC Riverside, was a stand-out golfer at Simi Valley High in his high school days.
All golfers must have verifiable amateur status, and all net flight participants must have a valid USGA approved, GHIN-based handicap, with a 12-month low index of no more than 18.0.
The regular division accepts entries from golfers age 17 and older (exceptions made on a case-by-case basis). Golfers with a 12-month low index of 2.4 or better qualify for the Championship Flight. Golfers with low index of 2.5 to 18.0 will play in net flights.
The senior division accepts entries for golfers age 50 and over. Senior golfers with handicap indexes of 4.9 or better qualify for the Senior Championship Flight, and other senior golfers play in the two net flights for seniors.
As in the past, this event has been named a Points Event by amateurgolf.com and the Southern California Golf Association. These designations add a number of competitive golfers to the field.
The tournament entry fee of $199 includes both rounds of golf, breakfast/lunch/dinner, and snacks each day, tee prize and prize funds for each flight. Entries are due by Wednesday, May 22, but the tournament generally is filled before the registration deadline.
Spectators are welcome for both days of the competition. Guidelines for spectators are included in the document titled 2019 Spectator Guidelines on the right side of this page.
The rules of competition, including information on tie-breakers, use of carts and GPS systems and pace of play are included in the document titled 2019 Rules on the right side of this page.
- Regular Championship Flight - LI (12-month Low Index) of 2.4 or better - black tees (silver tees for ladies)
- Regular "A" Flight - Handicap range based on entries - gold tees (silver tees for ladies)
- Regular "B" Flight - Handicap range based on entries - silver tees (bronze tees for ladies)
- Senior Championship Flight - LI of 4.9 or better - gold tees (bronze tees for ladies)
- Senior "A" Flight - Handicap range based on entries - silver tees (bronze tees for ladies)
- Senior "B" Flight - Handicap range based on entries - silver tees (bronze tees for ladies)
Order of Play:
Competitors must play within their flight of tee times both days. On Sunday, tee times are assigned based on Saturday's scores. Blocks of times for each flight are dependent on the number of players in each flight. On both days, the order of play is as follows:
- Senior B Flight
- Senior A Flight
- B Flight
- A Flight
- Senior Championship Flight
- Championship Flight
We appreciate notification of cancellations as early as possible, in order to provide golfers on the wait list with the opportunity to play in this event.
If you find you are unable to play:
- You will receive a full refund if you cancel before 5 pm on May 22.
- If you cancel after 5 pm on May 22 but before 5 pm on May 28 and we are able to fill your space from our waiting list, you will receive a full refund. If we have no waiting list, your refund will be $100.
- If you cancel after 5 pm on May 28 but before 5 pm on May 30, you will receive a $100 refund.
- If you cancel after 5 pm on May 30, there will be no refund.
Contact Information: Jackie Cochran, Tournament Director. Call (805) 522-0803, ext. 4 or EMAIL.