The 2017 Simi Valley City Championship - June 3-4, 2017
The 36th annual Simi Valley City Amateur Golf Championship will be held on Saturday and Sunday, June 3 and 4. The Simi Valley City Championship is considered to be one of the premier city championships in Southern California and is held annually at Simi Hills Golf Course.
This 36-hole tournament features play in 2 divisions (regular and senior) and a total of 6 flights, including the championship flight which was won last year by Simi Valley resident Brandon Kewalramani, currently a Harvard-Westlake senior. Kewalramani won last year’s event by carding seven under par 135 for the regulation 36 hole event, besting Eric Kim of Northridge by four strokes.
The regular division accepts entries from golfers age 17 and older (exceptions made on a case-by-case basis). All golfers must have verifiable amateur status, and all net flight participants must have a valid USGA approved handicap.
The Senior Division accepts entries for golfers age 50 and over. Senior golfers with handicap indexes of 4.9 or better qualify for the Senior Championship Flight, and other senior golfers play in the two net flights for seniors.
As in the past, this event has been named a Points Event by amateurgolf.com and the Southern California Golf Association. These designations add a number of competitive golfers to the field.
The tournament entry fee of $169 includes both rounds of golf, breakfast, snacks and lunch each day, tee prize and prize funds for each flight. Entries are due by Friday, May 26.
Spectators are welcome for both days of the competition. Guidelines for spectators are included in the document titled 2017 Spectator Guidelines on the right side of this page.
The rules of competition, including information on tie-breakers, use of carts and GPS systems and pace of play are included in the document titled 2017 Rules on the right side of this page.
- Regular Championship Flight - LI (12-month Low Index) of 2.4 or better - black tees (white tees for ladies)
- Regular "A" Flight - Handicap range based on entries - blue tees (white tees for ladies)
- Regular "B" Flight - Handicap range based on entries (capped at 18.0) - white tees
- Senior Championship Flight - LI of 4.9 or better - blue tees
- Senior "A" Flight - Handicap range based on entries - white tees
- Senior "B" Flight - Handicap range based on entries (capped at 18.0) - white tees
On-line registration for the 2017 City Championship is no longer available. We will take entries in person in the golf shop and over the phone if your flight is still available and will take wait-list entries, as well. Please call the golf shop and/or Jackie Cochran, tournament director, at (805) 522-0803, ext. 3 for current information. Email contact: email@example.com
We appreciate notification of cancellations as early as possible, in order to provide golfers on the wait list with the opportunity to play in this event.
If you find you are unable to play:
- You will receive a full refund if you cancel before 5 pm on May 26.
- If you cancel after 5 pm on May 26 but before 5 pm on May 31 and we are able to fill your space from our waiting list, you will receive a full refund. If we have no waiting list, your refund will be $100.
- If you cancel after 5 pm on May 31 but before 5 pm on June 2, you will receive a $100 refund.
- If you cancel after 5 pm on June 2, there will be no refund.
Contact Information: Jackie Cochran, Tournament Director. Call (805) 522-0803, ext. 4 or EMAIL.